- Increased number of students from 2,682 in 2004 to now 10,000 coming from 21 countries.
- The number of campuses has doubled from 1 to 4 including the first and only Females’ Campus in Uganda located at Kabojja.
- Infrastructural development with modern buildings at the Main, Kampala and Females’ campuses
- Improved learning facilities such as computers, books, science laboratory equipment, ICT equipment, etc, at all campuses.
- Increased faculties and academic programmes such as Bachelor of Nursing Sciences, Bachelor of Biological science, Bachelor of Political Science, Master of Political science. The University is finalizing arrangements to start programmes in engineering with support from our Iinternational partners
- The image of IUIU has significantly improved in the last 8 years. That is why the University is able to attract staff and students from many countries.
- The University has received several National and International awards including the 101 Fabulous Global Educational Institutions presented by World Education Congress.
- The University has further established an innovation lab which has led to the increase of technological innovation some of which include Automated Hands-free Dispenser, Autonomous floor cleaner, Autonomous pothole mapping agent, Autonomous greenhouse, Wearable Assistive tool for the deaf and the blind, Anti-impersonation biometrics-system for examination management, coin sorting and counting machine, 3D face shield among others.